Different threads from different materials, not all accept colour (1+2). But at least a hint of colour stayed after washing out, so there must be some natural fibres.
Crocheted strings (cotton) and selvage (3). To secure scrunched or folded fabrics while dyeing i used different cotton strings (4). Carefully removed and washed, now they can be used for stitching or couching.
More strings from dyeing experiments (5). Bandage and gauze (6) accepted colour more or less depending on the fabric they are made from.
More crochet strings, not all are coloured (7). And another experiment, ecru raffia accepted colour partial (8).
I used different light weight fabrics and dyed with Procion MX colour dyes.
Just squeezed in a freezer bag, squeezed or folded than wrapped with string were some of the used techniques. I got many different coloured fabrics, already interesting without any stitching or sewing.
My new Bondaweb looks different, it’s more a glue net. I tried different medias to colour it, Procion leftovers, Koh-i-Noor, emulsion paint (19, from left to right) and ironed it onto plain fabric (21, Koh-iNoor, Procion, emulsion paint, from left to right). Than i used acrylic paint, oil pastels, water soluble wax crayons and colour pencils (20) and ironed it on (22). The net surface of the glue fabric is quite obvious, could be disturbing or a challenge.